We've got a new patch up on the PTR, and while we don't expect a whole lot from a 'between the numbers' patch, we are seeing a few changes and at least one new pet!
1. Changes to Pet Battles
- Flawless and family-specific Battle-Training Stones now provide a flat 2,000 experience (was the amount required to gain one level).
- Fel-Touched Battle-Training Stones now provide a flat 10,000 experience (was the amount required to gain five levels).
- Battling wild pets with a team of comparable-level pets now provides double experience. Pets on your team are eligible for this bonus if no pet on your team is more than two levels higher than any pet in the wild team.
- The experience penalty for a pet dying has been reduced to 50% (was 100%). Pets still need to be active for at least one round to be eligible to earn experience from a battle.
- All pet experience earned in battles is increased by 50%.
- To compensate, the Pet Battle Bonus Event buff Sign of the Critter has been reduced to 100% (was 200%). The net effect of this is that pet experience gained during the Pet Battle Bonus Event will remain unchanged from current values.
- Ultimate Battle-Training Stones now cost 35 Polished Pet Charms (Was 60)
Developers’ note: Pet battling is a fun and exciting mini-game, but the current incentives result in esoteric strategies being the only optimal choices. This results in a barrier to entry that discourages players from engaging with this system. We believe this set of changes will widen the range of optimal behavior without nerfing any existing leveling strategies.
2. New Pet
So far we only have one pet up on the PTR and in datamining. Meet Trub'ul!
The source and location for this pet is currently unknown
3. Other Changes
- Perfumed Arrow is getting a new icon
- Stonewing Dredwing Pup summon item changed to reflect the correct name for the pet: Stoneskin Dredwing Pup