Update April 18th: The below changes are now in effect!
Compensation for coins invested in your vault defense as well as the arena challenge fights are not implemented yet. Both will be added asap.
Thanks everyone for participating in the quick survey!
It's pretty clear which direction the game should take. But the devil's in the details, so here's my current plan on how to make this change happen. Let me know what you think! There's still time to make adjustments.
1. Removal of PvP elements
All options to attack other players will be gone. You will also not be able to stash coins anymore because... why would you ^^
Your vault will also not have a power level anymore and no options to upgrade it. Coins invested in upgrading will be compensated back later on.
2. Warrior repurpose
Warriors will still be around and you will keep all your warriors. They will come in use for two new features:
- Chests you find on strategies are protected by NPC warriors. you need to beat them in order to claim the chest
- Within your vault, you will be able to take part in an arena challenge. Your choice which difficulty - higher risk, higher reward
- Since there won't be a need for many warriors anymore, you will be able to sell warriors in exchange for coins. Sell prices TBD
3. New Leaderboard
The leaderboard on the front page will stay very similarly, showing who has the largest hoard of coins. There will also be prizes for the top 3 players who accumulate the most coins by the end of the game. That means you will still have to decide between purchasing raffle tickets or hoarding your coins to aim for one of the leaderboard spots.
Prizes for the Leaderboard are:
- 1st place: 1 Year of WoW Gametime
- 2nd place: BlizzConline Celebration Bundle, Epic Edition (sponsored by Blizzard EU)
- 3rd place: $40 Battle.net Balance
(The other two prizes are added to the raffle tickets)